Sunday, June 3, 2012

You deserve a break. Or do you?


  I have another word issue. Actually, I have a docket nearly full of them. The one that's up today comes from a number of posts I've seen on Facebook. All of them posted by woman. The issues I think are probably sexually inclusive, women are more outspoken about what they're feeling though.

  The posts go something like this; "Everyone deserves someone who is kind and honest and loving..."
To which I say, "Wrong".

 You might be thinking, "George! That's cold, dude! Don't you think everyone should have a partner who is kind and honest and loving?" Well, yes. Yes I do. That's not the same as saying that everyone "deserves" one.

  Look, if I say what I want for my life is a nice quiet house cat, and instead, I aquire one of those little yappy dogs, I'm going to have a little yappy dog. Not that I "deserve" a little yappy dog. But that's what I, for whatever reason, keep in my life. I allowed it. I accept it.
  I could spend several years "expecting" Fifi to become a house cat, but it probably won't happen.

But I'm a good guy! I give and I give! I work my butt off to make this a nice home, and I buy the expensive cat food! And still I have a yappy little dog, when clearly I deserve a quiet house cat! What's wrong with the world? WHY AM I CURSED!!!???

  You say that sounds ridiculous? I concur. But if you substitute [undesirable] partner for Little yappy dog in the above scenario, you have a really common situation.

  If we accept deceit, we can expect deceit. If we accept cruelty, we can expect cruelty.
If we desire commitment, we must accept nothing less. If we desire honesty we must accept nothing less.

I'm not saying you get what you deserve. That's just ugly.
I'm saying let's get rid of the word "deserve", and the concept as well. Now, if  we don't deserve, It's a whole new world. For if we deserve nothing, all that's left is to choose what we will have.
I choose happiness. And love. And honesty. I will accept nothing less. How about you?

Peace
       George.
P.S
  Here'a big, bubbly, conceptual thought: If most of us took this up, as a cause, most of the "jerks" would be faced with this choice; Straighten up, or be a jerk... alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment